Phil Hewson, Director of Product Design, discusses the evolving challenges and solutions in managing print infrastructure in law firms in What to Look for in a Print Management Solution, featured in ILTA’s Winter Peer to Peer 2023 edition.
- Despite the shift to digital and hybrid working models, printing remains integral but problematic, particularly due to the complexity of managing servers, queues, and drivers and ensuring secure, efficient user access.
- The traditional print infrastructure faces issues like server maintenance costs, queue management complexities, and security vulnerabilities from outdated drivers.
- Waste and security are concerns, with uncollected print jobs posing risks and adding costs.
Serverless printing simplifies and enhances print management:
- Eliminates Windows Print Servers
- Centralizes queue management
- Improves workflow and security
- Secure print release, ensuring document confidentiality,
- Accommodates mobile and guest printing
Go deeper with the full article.