Despite being what attorneys and legal professionals are accustomed to, scan-to-email and scan-to-folder both pose challenges to security and efficiency:
- Governance – there are no audit trails, no oversight, no reporting
- DMS profiling – getting documents accurately profiled (and just once!) is challenging
- Group distribution is difficult to set up, manage and use
- IT headaches – large attachments make the email mailbox battle that much more difficult
- No delegate access to scanned documents in email
- Security headaches of direct user access to network folders
There is a better way! Queues solve these problems by delivering:
- Efficient profiling into the DMS for matter-related items
- Delegate access based on the type of mail
- Shared queues for docketing, accounts payable, etc.
- Security based on the type of item
- Flexible workflows that match the firm’s workflow
- Security, audit trails and reporting so you know what’s happening
- And you still get the primary benefit of scan-to-email: immediate notification to recipients in Outlook (but thanks to our integration, no mailbox-clogging attachments).
CEO | nQ Zebraworks
Recognized as a legal tech industry visionary, receiving Thomson’s innovator of the year award. Founder of ProLaw Software (acquired by Thomson Reuters), West km (used by 70% of the top 1000 law firms worldwide) and Exemplify (acquired by Bloomberg Law).
CRO | nQ Zebraworks
Ken’s experience helping businesses grow started with joining ProLaw Software in 1998 as the National Sales Manager. During his tenure, he rolled out the B2B sales team that accelerated ProLaw’s expansion, leading to acquisition by Thomson Reuters. Ken joined the team at Thomson Reuters as Senior Director of Sales, overseeing the law firm segment.